A Few Questions Surrounding Canadian Immigration to the US

Paleo Commercial Cleaning  > immigration lawyers in Edmonton, AB >  A Few Questions Surrounding Canadian Immigration to the US

If you are a Canadian who has been thinking about seeing what opportunities might await you in the United States, whether for work or for living reasons, you might have some questions about how you can legally go about immigrating from Canada to the United States. It is a fairly straightforward process once you do your research into how it works, but some people can still have questions.

Before you begin making too many plans, think about some of the following common questions people ask when they are contemplating a move to the US. Some of these questions and their answers might help provide you some clarity with your own immigration plans.

How can a Canadian citizen become a permanent resident of the US?

By looking into the Permanent Resident Green Card option, you will be able to live and work in the United States with almost zero restrictions should you be approved for this green card. You can obtain a green card of your own by sponsorship through a family, by marrying a US citizen, or by getting a job in the US.

Can a Canadian citizen work in the United States?

Of course! You will need to get the proper authorizations for work. Generally, this will involve having a documented job offer from a US employer.

Do I lose my Canadian citizenship if I become an American?

Not at all! A Canadian will always keep their citizenship even if they become a nationalized citizen of another country, such as the United States. This is called “dual citizenship.”

immigration lawyers in Edmonton, AB

Hopefully, this information comes in handy for you as you try to gather all of the necessary documents for your hopeful immigration. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with immigration lawyers in Edmonton, AB who would be happy to answer any questions you might have about how this process works.